Carwood Supports a Healthy Community
When you purchase from Carwood Farm, you are a part of supporting the community in the following ways: (2020 & 2021 highlights)
- Carwood Beef & Burger Bundles, are donated to various food insecure local families and organizations in need of healthy proteins. Each bundle has been sponsored by a Carwood Farm customer or the Boiling Springs Bubbler Foundation. Partnerships connecting these Beef Bundles to those in need include Project Lamp Light, New Life Community Church and the Bubbler Foundation. 38 Bundles given in 2020 & 44 Bundles given in 2021 totally over 574 lbs. of beef!
- Sweet Corn picked by volunteers and donated to The Gleaning Project.
- 274 pumpkins to area organizations serving children in 2021
- Carwood partnered with The Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Pheasants Forever to conduct a Wildflower & Tree Planting Day attended by 3 families. Plantings enhanced beautification of the farm and provides water and wild life conservation solutions to the environment. Hopefully, the Pollinator Habitat will bring in bees to pollinate the pumpkin blossoms to make our Pick Your Own Pumpkin Patch even more awesome!
- 50+ Beef Bundles sponsored by Carwood customers and Boiling Springs Bubbler Foundation to provide to local families experience difficult life seasons with healthy food.
- $1000 to Project Lamp Light to support their efforts to serve random urgent needs of families in our community.
"Raising happy healthy cows, while building a happy healthy community"