Carwood Supports a Healthy Community
When you purchase from Carwood Farm, you are a part of supporting the community in the following ways: (2020 highlights)
- In 2020, 38 Beef Bundles, totaling approximately 266 lbs. donated to various food insecure local families and organizations in need of healthy proteins. Each bundle has been sponsored by a Carwood Farm customer or matched by Carwood Farm. Partnerships connecting these Beef Bundles to those in need include Project Lamp Light, customer Nate P. and Diakon Wilderness Center.
- On going giving to Project Lamp Light. A local non-profit serving random urgent needs of members of our local community. $10 donated for every Google Review completed by a customer...$100 donated in 2020.
- Sweet Corn picked by volunteers and donated to The Gleaning Project.
- 50 pumpkins to area organizations serving children:
- Carwood partnered with The Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Pheasants Forever to conduct a Wildflower & Tree Planting Day attended by 3 families. Plantings enhanced beautification of the farm and provides water and wild life conservation solutions to the environment. Hopefully, the Pollinator Habitat will bring in bees to pollinate the pumpkin blossoms to make our Pick Your Own Pumpkin Patch even more awesome!
- 50+ Beef Bundles sponsored by Carwood customers and Boiling Springs Bubbler Foundation to provide to local families experience difficult life seasons with healthy food.
- $1000 to Project Lamp Light to support their efforts to serve random urgent needs of families in our community.
"Raising happy healthy cows, while building a happy healthy community"