Our farm share program is called a “CSA” which stands for “Community Supported Agriculture.” A CSA share is a simple idea (very much like buying a magazine subscription) in which a community member buys a “Share” of a farmer’s harvest (in our case, beef) and then comes to the farm each month to pick up their “Share”. Our current CSA package includes 6 lbs 7lbs.. of freshly frozen beef per month (ground beef, steaks, and roasts). We will have your beef cut, wrapped, and frozen ready for you to pick up at the farm on the last Saturday of every month. If you would like a larger portion, you'll likely want to consider ordering a quarter cow here.
Reasons families choose to invest in beef from our CSA program:
• Many join for their health. Simply visiting the farm can be a stress reliever and eating food that is free of stress chemicals, antibiotics and hormones is always a good thing.
• The concept of supporting local farms is important to the community member
• To some families it’s about visiting the farm, experiencing life on the farm, and helping children learn how their food is grown (and we welcome you to explore when you come to pick up your share!)
• For some it’s about reducing the amount of food miles your food travels, and the amount of fossil fuels that is used to transport food (on average, food travels over 1500 miles from corporate farms before it’s consumed).
• Many of our families enjoy the community environment where like-minded people share recipes, ideas and experiences - you'll be invited to be a part of our Carwood Community Facebook Group!
When you sign up for a monthly beef share, you will be able to create a customer account. This account will allow you to view your past orders and adjust your payment date. There are NO CONTRACTS at Carwood beef farm. If, for any reason, you desire to cancel your subscription, it's as easy as a text, phone call or an email. No questions asked.
*Want even more reasons to buy local meat? Check out these 19 Reasons Why You Might Want to Stop Buying Supermarket Meat.